Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:47:05 -0400
From:      Jonathan M.Slivko <jslivko@4evermail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   apsfilter & LaserJet 4L and StarOffice

Hello,

I have FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE running on my workstation with a LaserJet 4L directly
attached to it. When I set up the printer, the testpage printed beautifully.
However, when I go to start the lpc daemon, it gives me the following error:

root@sioux(~)% lpc start all
lp:
	printing enabled
lpc: connect: No such file or directory
	couldn't start daemon
ljet4:
	printing enabled
lpc: connect: No such file or directory
	couldn't start daemon
raw1:
	printing enabled
lpc: connect: No such file or directory
	couldn't start daemon
root@sioux(~)%

Any ideas as to what could be the issue? This is a machine built with the latest
cvsup sources of FreeBSD from yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-- Jonathan

--
Jonathan M. Slivko <jslivko@4evermail.com>
Head Systems Administrator, 4EverMail Hosting Services