Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:09:28 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USER/GROUP rules on the chopping Block

> On 06/06/07 16:29, Max Laier wrote:
>> After several attempts to fix user/group rules which ended like the most
>> recent one - cited below - with *ZERO* feedback, I won't waste anymore
>> effort.  Either somebody steps up, does proper testing and reports back,
>> or user/group rules go!  End of story!

> Before trying to check your fixes, I've set up a plain (recently
> csup'ed) -CURRENT system w/o your patch. Unfortunately while trying
> hard to get that box into an LOR, I'm unable to do so easy. As I need
> to verify an unpatched against a patched system, I need to find a
> _reliable_ way to get the box LORing.
>
> What am I doing wrong? How do I get the (unpatched) system reliable
> into an LOR and being able to verify that with a patched system?
> Can you help me to find a reliable way to get that LOR and proof your
> patch? Anybody else having any comments on this?

Max & all,

I don't suspect my request has been unclear, as it's written 3 times
within one posting. After getting no response (from anyone) for more
than a week, I don't think it makes sense to me to wait any longer and
hope or pray for a hint.

Max, you may safely drop uid/gid support from pf as I'm unable to test
your patches and it seems like I'm the only one who cares. On the
other side, the next time a message like 'if nobody tests patches...'
pops up, I'll be the first one to contradict (no Max, this is not
against you).

Probably I should give the same level of support to others as it's
been given to me (sad to say, which will then be zero).

Volker