Date:      Tue, 1 May 2007 20:17:06 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS DOWN (was Re: HEADS UP: putenv, setenv, unsetenv, getenv changes)

Am Dienstag, 1. Mai 2007 schrieb Andrey Chernov:
> All backed out.
>
> Not because I admit they are technically wrong and not because of bug
> reports (I receive nothing). But because I surprisingly meets so
> strong opposition and resistance so lost any desire to continue that.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I don't have the skills to comment anything=20
technically, but I just wanted to say that I'm suprised that -current is th=
at=20
stable for me these days. It's wonderful, but I think making progress in=20
standard compliance and/or testing new developed stuff (eg. the new USB=20
stack) is much more important than making -current a production branch.
I'm a friend of standrads and I highly appreciate your work Andrey, and I h=
ope=20
we will see your work back in the tree as soon as possible.

Diffrent people do things different, but that's why FreeBSD is what it is=20
today. The accummulation of excellent work by excellent people.

=2DHarry

> Anyone who interested in POSIX can dig out what changes and how
> through cvs diffs.

=2D-=20
OmniSEC  -  UNIX und Windows Netzwerke - Sicher
Harald Schmalzbauer
=46lintsbacher Str. 3
80686 M=FCnchen
+49 (0) 89 18947781