Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:31:53 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Helping out with the web site..

hi,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 10:04:34PM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
>   Many requests to www@FreeBSD.org are going unanswered.  This is an
> open mailing list now, so I would encourage doc-folks to join.
> Several people have suggested that we subscribe all of doc@ to this
> mailing list, and that may be a good idea.  Most of the requests are
> simple updates, so it is probably only of use for committers who can
> commit the submitted changes.  However we go about it, it would sure
> help to have more people reading and helping out with these
> submissions (for new commercial vendors, new usergroups to be listed, etc..)

I also would like to note that we should pay more attention to website. Many
parts of website need to be split out into several pieces because they become
too huge, some parts require more attention because they contains stale
information. Possibly we need to take a actions on changing/improving whole
design of the site.

Also I would repeat my request about Commercial Vendors Gallery maintainer.
We need a person concretely working in this area, communicating with vendors
and supporting their list more or less up-to-date. Actaully now I am working
on converting whole Commercial Gallery to XSLT/XML now and can help with technical
moments, but don't have enough time and interest in maintaining of Gallery
content.