Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 06:57:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
To:        akm@mother.sneaker.net.au (Andrew Kenneth Milton)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building parallel "Beowulf-style" supercomputers with FreeBSD

In reply:
> +-----[ Jordan K. Hubbard ]------------------------------
> |
> | > How about "The Swarm" then?  It would have already been built had I not
> | > bought myself a place to live instead.  It had sort of a priority over
> | > toys :(
> |
> | Hmmm.  Swarm.  That makes me think of locusts, those industrious
> | little insects which often move from place to place in great numbers,
> | eating and overcoming all in their path.
>
> How about the 'Hive' then for a group of industrious hardworking insects
> working in harmony...

hmmm.... "The Hive", i like it.  hives have intelligent movement of
data, cell stucture, and get a lot of work done!

but then, someone is sure to mention that the other kind of hives are
caused by herpes, and nobody wants that :^(

ahh, simply put a gif of a BEE and some honeycomb [yumm, sweet] in the
tarball, and that connection won't be made, unless the implementation
sucks...

heheheheh, i've got to say it, if only for terry's sake...

	HyperHive

> | Yeah, I like it!  It's got legs, gents!  Let's do it!!  Let's...
> | What?  I should stick to engineering, you say?  But it's so *catchy*,
> | I mean, haha, consider just the pun opportunities!  No?  Well fine, be
> | that way then!  [*sulk*]

I think Jordan needs some sleep...  The Plague?

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or