Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:27:06 +0100
From:      Michael Heitmeier <mheitm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html

Hello,

May I humbly suggest that the mere mention in the handbook of
pkg audit -F
is not sufficient without some instruction how security-minded users might
want to proceed to mitigate any issues that are found?

Right now the following packages are found wanting on my system:
handbrake-0.10.2_2
pcre-8.37_4
tidy4-20000804_3

and yet
pkg upgrade
upgrades none of them, so that cannot be the answer and even this simple
one should be in the handbook as the first line of defense, as obvious as
it may be to more experienced folks.

Thank you for your attention and for making the handbook ever better!

Michael