Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:49:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interrupt routing

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, dima wrote:

> I am preparing a new server for production use.
> It contains 2 1000BaseTX NICs and 2 SCSI controllers.
> The interrupt assignment performed by ACPI looks kinda strange:
> irq24: bge0 ahd0
> irq25: bge1 ahd1
> How can I affect it? I mean I want all the devices use different IRQ lines.

What hardware, curiously? Are all of these parts onboard?  Can  you post
the ouptut of 'devconf'?  This will show the bus associations for these
devices.

In many cases there are not other IRQs available to route, due to poor
BIOS programming, ccorners cut in the physical board layout, etc.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org