Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:52:55 -0500
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>, Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Script to strip email headers??

parv: As foillow-up to the script, here is more info as to what the header
"filter/strpper" would have to do.

The day's list message are all held in a single file and each message is
appended to that holding file. In between each message, of course are all
of the lines and lines of headers that sometimes are longer than the
message itself. Very messy for those digest subscribers to wade through.

That script looks like it just retains the original "from/to/subject"
header info and that's what is exactly what is sought from a stripper filter.

At 10:32 PM 8.17.2001 -0400, parv wrote:
>this was, on the fateful occasion around Aug 17 21:58 -0400,
>sent by jacks@sage-american.com
>>

>> So, there is a Perl5 script "archive.pl" in:
>> #/usr/local/majordomo/Tools
>> that should remove the "noise" of the extra headers and places a separator
>> line of "====" between each message...THAT WOULD BE PERFECT!!! However, not
>> Have you looked at this one...? I've really got the same need, so if you
>> find a better solution, please let me know. If you know how to do some
>> Perl5, then the ideas in archive2.pl look good. Let me know. Thanks!
>
>could you mail me the perl program, or post it for those of us who
>don't have majorodomo installed, to see if i could something as long
>as it's not too hairy.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin