Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:26:56 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>, spoggle <dcornejo@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_bridge and hostapd

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 02:21, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 04:08:43PM -1000, spoggle wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've run into a problem with hostapd and if_bridge:
> >

> Would you be able to send me your hostapd.conf, rc.conf and anything
> else I may need to try and reproduce this problem. The ports are
> blocking rather than disabled which indicates that the stp code is
> active for those ports.

Hi=20
the same problem occurres running standard ath hostap mode with and without=
=20
WEP. I do not know on current because I use releng_6

I changed one of the ath cards using a prism card and the problem persists.=
=20

This happens for me under load and I can bring it back by ifconfig down/up=
=20

Then I switched back to bridge (not if_bridge) and the problem still persis=
ts=20
but not so often. This thing definitly do not happen on releng_5 when booti=
ng=20
the exactly same hardware and configurations.

Could  it be possible that the bridge blocks after the wl card did some rat=
e=20
shifting or any speed negociation with the client stations?

when this happens under load then there is still upload traffic for a long=
=20
time while download is zero then. This I mean out to client zero, in from=20
client still goes through.

Jo=E3o

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o