Date:      Mon, 9 May 2016 16:58:51 +0200
From:      Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        dfleuriot@hi-media.com
Subject:   10.3-STABLE - PF - possible regression in pf.conf set timeout interval

Hello list,

== CONTEXT ==

I've upgraded 3 boxes from 10.3-PRERELEASE #13 (04/04/16) to 10.3-STABLE
#17 (09/05/16)
Dates in d/m/Y format.
I'm afraid, since I use svnup, I cannot provide SVN revs.

== PROBLEM DESCRIPTION ==

Since the upgrade, pf rules won't load anymore at boot time, nor even
manually with pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf :
# pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf
/etc/pf.conf:24: syntax error
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

The problematic line is :
set timeout interval 10

== FURTHER TESTING ==

Values other than 10 also cause the issue.
Tested using tabs or spaces, issue still arises.
Commenting the line fixes the issue.

== CONCLUSION ==

Displaying pf timers shows that the default 10s value is applied, when the
configuration directive is commented from /etc/pf.conf :
# pfctl -st | grep interval
interval                     10s

Additionally, the "set timeout interval" directive still exists in man 5
pf.conf.

This leads me to believe the directive should still be supported, and this
may be an unintentional regression.

Can anyone check if they also encounter the issue ?