Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:47:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More buf cache locking. (patch)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 phk@phk.freebsd.dk wrote:

> In message <20030222221028.J1116-100000@mail.chesapeake.net>, Jeff Roberson writes:
> >I forgot, the patch is at:
> >
> >http://www.chesapeake.net/~jroberson/bcache.diff
>
> I just quickly browsed this, and the only question I really have is about
> patch in vm/uma_core.c:  what does that do ?

I have that in my tree to detect LOR with giant.  UMA doesn't often need
giant but it may in some cases.  This caused problems with the fdesc code
before.  I'd really like something in witness that says "May acquire
giant" or maybe even more generally "May acquire lock x" to detect corner
cases.

Anyway, I Just forgot to delete this diff when I diffed my tree.  It has
nothing to do with the buf cache. :-)

Cheers,
Jeff