Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:29:03 -0600
From:      Dave <davec@unforgettable.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/12901: New Port (slightly revised): Code Crusader and Code Medic

On Mon, 02 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> hmm. The question is whether codecrusader is looking for ${PREFIX}/bin/ctags
> or not. Based on grepping the *.c, *.h and Make* files it doesn't look like
> it. In that case you could perhaps install ctags as e.g. ${PREFIX}/bin/jctags.
>
> ---
> Gary Jennejohn
> Home - garyj@muc.de
> Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com

There are three issues I am trying to work out with John at the moment, and one
of them is ctags.  The second is the install during build process.  John and I
have already discussed this, and he is working on trying to make build and
install separate targets.  For now, he has already implemented a J_WANT_INSTALL
variable, which I'm still trying to work out right now.  The third is a
problem that arises from the fact that Code Crusader needs makemake to be
build and installed first.  And makemake comes with JX.  I'm looking into
making these separate ports, but right now, I don't have enough gmake
background to get it done anytime soon.

Davec
davec@unforgettable.com