Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 19:27:12 +0100
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-boot crashes ICL-machines, anyone else had this?

At 00:38 1995-11-22 +0000, you wrote:
>Peter Olsson stands accused of saying:
>> I have tried booting freebsd (different SNAP-releases) on two different
>> ICL-machines, one P75 in the 450-series and one P100 in the 650-series.
>>
>> When I use -c in Boot: and disable serial ports, the boot is fine.
>>
>> I tried an ICL P60, this machine has no problems.
>> Other P75-machines have also worked fine.
>
>Do the crashing machines have S3-based video hardware?

The P100 has mac64, I don't know about the P75. Doesn't seem like this is
the problem (?)

A technician at Swedish ICL has exactly the same symptoms. He thougt it was
due to the P75 having only one serial port, so he tried setting in another,
but it didn't help. Then they wouldn't investigate any further, they instead
recommended a change to their supported unix-systems :(
Peter Olsson                   Email: pol@leissner.se
Leissner Data AB               Telnr: 0520 - 490 511  direkt
Box 912                        Telnr: 0520 - 200 00   v{xel
461 29  TROLLH[TTAN            Faxnr: 0520 - 200 89