Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 1996 16:13:42 -0500
From:      "John D. Szumowski" <harpo@javanet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lesstif compile

i have not been able to get lesstif .75a to compile sucessfully under
freebsd 2.1.5. Are there any special tricks? I don't know if I did it
correctly; i first expanded the file into /usr/X11/src and ran
"configure
with-gcc=yes-gmake=yes-shared=yes-static=no-textXm=no-testMrm=no" and
then "make". (i realize that some of those options are superfluous, but
i had tried unsucessfully to compile the file before) What am I doing
wrong? I was su'd (-m) as root, and my path looked ok. It wasn't until
almost the final steps that the install died. Each time, it has
complained "ld: -lXm no match" and exits with an errorcode of 1. The
docs suggest that the install *can* work under bsd. Has anyone done this
sucessfully? Do I need to upgrade any libraries?
Any help would be appreciated!
--