Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 2014 12:00:59 +0000
From:      Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Varnish proxy goes catatonic under heavy load

As a guess you exhausted all mbufs, 10 has much better defaults for
these so I'd recommend updating.

If you can get in via IPMI or something similar you should be able to
confirm.

A trick I've used in the past to recover from such a issue is to hard
bounce the nic ports on the switch which seemed to free enough to be
able to ssh in.