Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:15:22 +0100
From:      Aleksandar Simic <asimic@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: alcatel speedtouch pc

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 08:25:18PM -0400, Peter Leftwich wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 jessie@techasia.com.ph wrote:
>
> > hi everyone, is there an available driver for alcatel speedtouch
> > pc internal modem? will it work in freebsd? any links would be
> > great... thanks!
>
> (Hm, I didn't know I was on the freebsd-isp list but heregoes...)

You are not.

> What version of FreeBSD?  Do you already have the OS installed and
> are troubleshooting?  If so, please post the output (or edited
> output) from the command "dmesg -a"

Why would you want a his dmesg output or any other info ? Why ? It
doesn't make sense.

There is no supported ADSL chipset in FreeBSD kernel. There is a
driver for Alcatel's external USB modem as a port, but that is a
different matter.

If you want a ADSL modem buy an external one, that is the safest
option.

Hope that helped,

--Alex