Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:45:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bsd-src@helfman.org
Cc:        office@FreeBSD.org, jgh@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: unable to save any document, apache-openoffice-4.1.1_6

On 28 Feb, Jason Helfman wrote:

>>> I've seen at least one other report of this problem.  It seems to affect
>>> FreeBSD 10 and/or 11.  I'm still running FreeBSD 8 and haven't
>>> encountered this problem.  Unfortunately the machine that I was running
>>> FreeBSD 11 on died.  I've got a box full of parts to assemble a new
>>> machine, but haven't had the time to assemble it.
>>
>> I can reproduce this problem on FreeBSD 10-STABLE, on both amd64 and
>> i386.  The problem seems to be triggered by most things that pop up a
>> dialog box.  I can confirm previous reports that Format Cells in a
>> spreadsheet also triggers this problem.  I also triggered it with Insert
>> Table in a text document.  On the other hand, the print dialog box does
>> not trigger it.
>>

> Thanks for your work on verification. Are there any upstream reports?

Not that I'm aware of.  The first reports of this problem are fairly
old, and it only seems to affect recent version of FreeBSD (10 and 11 I
think).  I can also reproduce this problem with openoffice-devel, which
is a fairly recent version from upstream.

I'm currently attempting to build openoffice with debug symbols.  I
suspect this problem is going to take a while to track down and fix.