Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 06:29:58 -0400
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Further sound problems (OPTi chipset, mss0, etc...)

I had sent this to freebsd-hackers, but I got no response,
so I'm trying freebsd-questions...

Basically, it comes down to two things:

	1) Just what, exactly, is the Microsoft Sound System and
	    how does it relate to the sb driver.

	2) I'm getting:  ad1848: Auto calibration timed out(3).
	    and lots of scratchy sound; does anyone have a clue?

	- Thanks -
	- Dave R. -