Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:20:37 -0700
From:      Tony Arcieri <tarcieri@atmos.colostate.edu>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Issuing rebuild instruction to 3Ware 7000 series TwinStor array

I have a 3Ware 7000 series controller on a FreeBSD 5.3/amd64 system.
Unfortunately, after stability problems the array is in the degraded
state:

twed0: <Unit 0, TwinStor, Degraded> on twe0

As there is currently no version of the 3Ware CLI for FreeBSD/AMD64, I
was wondering how hard it would be to set up the ioctl() calls to issue
the rebuild command to the controller directly.  Looking in twe_tables.h,
I see the following memeber of the twe_table_opcode array:

{"REBUILDUNIT",             0x17},

Is this the command I need to send to the device and if so, what parameters
does it need?

Tony Arcieri