Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:54:40 -0700
From:      Gopakumar H Pillai <gopu@global.com>
To:        fuse <fuse@bbs.zju.ml.org>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions"@FreeBSD.ORG;
Subject:   Re: Samba passwd for win98?

There is a similar problem between Windows NT and Windows 95. There
exists a solution by changing the Registry settings for Windows NT.
Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Rdr

Under Rdr create a key named Parameters and in Parameters create a DWORD
value named EnablePlainTextPassword and give it a value of 1.
So finally:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Rdr\Parameters will
have a DWORD value  EnablePlainTextPassword with value 1.

Reboot the system and u can log on from Windows NT. This might work for
Windows 98. Otherwise search the Microsoft's KnowledgeBase.

--Gopu