Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:14:34 +0100
From:      Kresimir Kumericki <kkumer@phy.hr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI to SCSI on-the-fly burning?

 Hi!
 I have a SCSI CD-R/RW writer and I can easily burn CDs using xcdroast.
On the other hand my second cdrom, which is ATAPI, is not recognized by
xcdroast so I cannot do on-the-fly CD-to-CD copying without making a
temporary file on my hard drive.
 I understand that xcdroast (and cdrecord) operate only with SCSI
devices so this situation is expected. But is there anything I
can to to enable on-the-fly copying? I hear that under Linux I could
do SCSI-emulation for my ATAPI cdrom. Is there a similar solution
for FreeBSD? Or could I somehow mount CDROM in my ATAPI drive so that
it looks like some regular file (ISO-image, for example) that can
than be accessed by xcdroast and burned properly?
Thanks for any suggestions,
 Kresimir

--
Kresimir Kumericki    kkumer@phy.hr    http://www.phy.hr/~kkumer/