Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:25:49 -0500
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [HEADSUP] coda5/coda6 support

The coda ports have been failing to build for a while on both 5-STABLE and
6-STABLE.  There are packages for 5.5 and 6.1 so this must have been
something fairly recent.

However, when investigating these errors, I found that coda5 is no longer
even fetchable from the mastersite, and the coda6 bits we are using are
about 18 months old.  Further, the coda6_server build was marked as
IGNORE on 6 since it causes a kernel error.

I have gone ahead and marked these ports DEPRECATED and reset the maintainer
of coda6 since I didn't get an answer to an email asking about status.

If anyone is using coda5 or coda6, they need to step up in the next few
months to bring the support back up to speed.  I have set a fairly
generous 3 month expiration on them.

Thanks,

mcl

----- Forwarded message from Mark Linimon <linimon@FreeBSD.org> -----