Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2001 07:05:13 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RC.CONF question

	Quick question.  Having to setup a BSD box as a firewall on my lan and for
some silly reason I can't get it to move data.  My rc.conf has the correct
Ip and subnet mask, so I know it's not those, and under regular
circumstances it always worked via DHCP, and the internal lan card works
beautiful and has the correctly specified Ip and subnet mask.  Now here's
the catch.  My only thought as to why this is doing this is that the
gateway is missing on the designation.  If I have something like this in
the rc.conf file, what else am I missing to get a connection via our dsl
modem which is on a static IP?

ifconf_rl0 = "inet xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.255.255.0"

	I know I'm missing something.  Anyone got any ideas?  IF I am missing
something, what do I need in there and how do I enter it?