Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:18:02 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: int80h.org

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 11:16:49PM -0600, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:
> Anyway, I decided to really write something serious about assembly
> language programming under FreeBSD. So much so that I secured a domain
> just for that purpose: int80h.org (mostly because I got the impression
> from www.linuxassembly.org that int 80h belongs to Linux!).
>
> I have just placed the first page on it. I hope I have configured my
> .htaccess properly so, as soon as the DNS system realizes there is a
> http://www.int80h.org/ it will send you the right page (I am sharing
> it with my main web site whizkidtech.net, and simply ask .htaccess
> to give you a different start page if you come to int80h.org - that
> is why I said I hope it is going to work).
>
> If curious, you can read it even now. If your browser cannot locate
> int80h.org yet (it should tomorrow), you can find the same page as
> http://www.whizkidtech.net/int80h.hed for now.

It certainly looks interesting.

One thing though -- have you considered DocBook as the documentation
format?  That would make it much easier to integrate this with the
existing FreeBSD documentation (either as part of the Handbook, or as a
separate book).  This would bring a number of benefits:

  *  Immediate access to your text via CVS for the rest of the world.

  *  Your text would be mirrored automatically by all the FreeBSD
     mirrors.

  *  It becomes much easier for the various FreeBSD translation teams to
     translate your document.

More information can be found at

    http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/