Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:38:38 +0000
From:      amg <ursa@cris.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ps/2 style mouse troubles

Gentlemen:

   The problem that I am having concerns the ps/2
 style mouse.
    1. hardware:  ALR EISA system 486-33
                  Logitech Mouseman mouse
    2. FreeBSD 2.10
 I know that both the ps/2 port (0x60, I think)
 and the mouse are good as they work with NT 3.51.

    I have recompiled the kernel to include the
 psm0 device driver.  The symptomes are that X
 will not allow the mouse curser to remain on the
 screen.  No matter how I move the mouse, it will
 always remain at some point on the screen's edge.
 This is for resolutions of:
   640X480  and  600x800  and 1024x768.

    I have noticed in reading the GENERIC LINT
 file that it says that psm0 conflicts with a macro
 for the keyboard.  Furthermore, when booting, if I
 enter "-c" and then choose "visual", it indicates
 that psm0 CONFLICTS with the syscons driver, sc0.
 Both are listed at Port 0x60.

   Is anybody using the ps/2 port and can they tell
 either what I am doing wrong or have neglected??

   Thanks for listening to my plee.

                            ursa@cris.com