Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:44:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@whetstonelogic.com>
Subject:   Re: SMP oddity

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Tod Luginbuhl wrote:

>I am running 3.4-RELEASE on a dual Pentium-III 450mHz ASUS P2BDS
>system.  I install the patch this afternoon by hand, rebuilt and install
>the new kernel. The information cpu clock speed information comes up
>correctly now when booting the new kernel.  I haven't done extensive
>system testing yet, but the kernel seems to be stable.

On that note, since I booted with the patched kernel the other day I
started up RC5 and gave the machine a good burn-in and it's running with
no problems whatsoever.  In fact, I've had an ssh session open to it for
the past 72 hours that hasn't so much as hiccuped.  Considering the
relative triviality of the patch and the fact that Mr. Luginbuhl echoes
my success I'd say it's a safe commit.