Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2011 21:41:24 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg in swwrt

On 06/02/2011, at 19:57, Kostik Belousov wrote:
>>  PID USERNAME    THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C   TIME   WCPU =
COMMAND
>> 21787 fiona         1  76    0   168M   134M swwrt   0   0:04 32.37% =
Xorg
> swwrt means waiting for the syncronous swap-out to finish.
> This is consistent with the top indicating the non-trivial amount of
> swap space used and swapout happen right now.

OK.

There are a lot of daemons running, however it does the swwrt thing even =
on a fresh boot, and even when there is a lot of free space.

I wonder if it is doing something silly like trying to get some =
contiguous memory or similar..

> Look at the working set of the application you are starting.
> Another thing that is standing out is huge wired count.

Yep, it's running ZFS :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum