Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 2009 21:50:30 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        oiu-173b3@myamail.com
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: handbook 15.4 (jails)

On 2009.04.05 18:11:34 +0200, oiu-173b3@myamail.com wrote:

> I've just started to play with FreeBSD and want to comment that the handbook
> is absolutely super and have provided me a great help! I'm very grateful for
> your effort. I just wanted to point out that section 15.4 forgets to mention
> to set the rc.conf option "jail_myjail_interface" when setting up jails.

I don't think it forgets to set it as it's not required, and at least
some (me included) think using jail_foo_interface is a bad idea as it
has some non-obvious side-effects, and the issue is better handled by
just "manually" setting up aliases on the required itnerfaces.

That said, from a quick look you seem to be correct that the section
the jail chapter doesn't seem to mention how to handle the IP address
used by the jail, which it probably should.

In any case, thanks for the feedback!

--
Simon L. Nielsen