Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:43:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, fenner@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vat problem with highlight color...

[this msg is CC-ed to the vat and tk/tcl maintainer...]

on a freshly installed 2.2.5 i tried vat and have the following
problem: an active site is shown as black chars on a black
background... no need to say that the problem is quite annoying.

I think this is related to the Tk4.2 -> Tk8.0 update, since it used
to work before.

Some investigation shows that, in sitebox.cc, around line 219, the
call to tcl.attr("highlightColor") returns "black" despite the fact
that the variable is instantiated to "white" in the tcl files.

The same exact code on a 2.2.1 system using Tk4.1 (i think) works
fine and highlightColor returns whatever is defined in the tcl
scripts or in
.RTPdefaults.

So i believe that somehow the environment is not passed in the correct
way to the procedure.

Fixing this is beyond my knowledge so if someone wants to help...

	cheers
	luigi