Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Bill Woods mail <bwoods2@uswest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipf on an Alpha

Bill Woods mail writes:
 > Just a note, maby its me, but I tried to compile a kernel on an Alpha 200
 > 4/233 running 4.1.1-stable with these options:
 >
 > options		IPDIVERT
 > options		IPFILTER
 > options		IPFILTER_LOG
 > options		IPSTEALTH
 >
 > and the kernel compiled fine, but was un-bootable. It would start to boot,
 > load the kernel then go back to the srm console:
 >

 > When I compiled WITHOUT those options, it works fine, can anyone confirm
 > this?

Was anything printed at all after it finished loading the kernel but
before it dropped back to the SRM console prompt? (like the
copyright?)

Also, it may be the size problem that was being discussed here last
week.  What is the size of the failing kernel.  In particular, how big
is the .got section if you do 'objdump --headers' on the failing
kernel?

Thanks,

Drew