Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:07:05 +0000
From:      Kristofer Persson <kpersson@clarkebroadcasting.com>
To:        "freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org" <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Need PCI Sound Card

I am trying to get a working PCI sound card for Freebsd 10.1.  I previously=
 was using Freebsd 7 and my creative ct4790 has a known issue with Freebsd =
10 so I tried a CT4830 I had laying around it too didn't work even with OSS=
 and recompiling the kernel with and without 10kx and 10k1 and sound.   I r=
eviewed https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.1R/hardware.html and selected a=
 card from that list Creative SB  AudioPCI CT4730 which uses the snd_es137x=
 driver, I bought 2 different versions to be sure, neither of them works, b=
oth are detected as snd_emu10k1 devices, but I intentionally choice a card =
that didn't use that driver.  So now I am stuck, I can't trust the hardware=
 notes.  I am 3 months in to trying to build a box with sound support and I=
 can't get a working sound card. Can anyone recommend a working pci sound c=
ard for 10.1.  Thanks Kris