Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:38:47 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP:  please eliminate -lcompat usage in ports.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 11:09:27PM -0700, Ade Lovett wrote:
<snip>
> Given the relatively small number (all though the emacs ones worry me)
> number of ports, we could aim to fully deprecate by 5.4-STABLE.
> Certainly the freeze before we move to 5.3-STABLE is not going to be
> long enough to eliminate -lcompat, imo.

<snip>

out of curiousity, I generated a list of ports that use -lcompat right
now... (or might use... didn't verify) (just in case someone wasn't sure
which ports used it, or how to find that out easily, ... )

erik@fenris /usr/ports$ grep -r -- -lcompat . | cut -d / -f 2-3 | uniq
astro/openuniverse
astro/sunclock
astro/xphoon
cad/chipmunk
comms/ecu
databases/msql
devel/codeworker
editors/dte
editors/em
editors/emacs19
editors/emacs20
ftp/llnlxdir
ftp/llnlxftp
ftp/pftpd
games/battalion
games/freebsd-games
games/icbm3d
games/lbreakout
games/xbl
games/xbomb
games/xbomber
games/xpat2
graphics/liblug
graphics/tulip
lang/pdss
mail/biffer
mail/metamail
mail/xmail
math/lp_solve
math/sc
math/spar
math/ss
mbone/speak_freely
misc/afbackup
misc/fep
misc/ytree
net/nettest
net/pmf
net-mgmt/braa
net-mgmt/rate
news/pan2
science/psi3
security/cfs
sysutils/su2
www/amaya
www/webstone-ssl

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.