Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 20:53:28 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        gryphon@healer.com, terry@lambert.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, patl@asimov.volant.org, peter@taronga.com
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>

> Functionally, I can union mount my script directory over a read-only
> template directory to add my local scripts.

OK. But I really doubt this is something the average person is going
to attempt.

> How do I union two files?

Have a basic file, and a local file which is called aftter the basic file.

> this still doesn't handle the "union of several directories" problem,
> even if the contents are simply a file, if order of operation is based
> on file order.

No, you've got me there, you can't easily mix lines from two
different files to get an arbitrary order.

But this falls into my very-small-fraction of people category.
I really can't conceive of it being a general case to want two
unique sets of start ups that need to be interspesed, in a generic
manner, on the fly.

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 3 Hansom Drive, Merrimack, NH  03054
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...