Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:59:40 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <harvester@fnidder.dk>
To:        rene@xs4all.nl
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix not accepting SMTP connections

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:53:46AM +0100, rene@xs4all.nl wrote:
> In general, i'm looking for a good freebsd postfix howto, something more =
than
> an echo of the postfix.org site..
>=20
> in particular, i've installed the thing, did as
> http://www.postfix.org/basic.html describes to configure it, but can't ge=
t it
> to accept incoming smtp connections :(
>=20
> if you want any other diagnostics besides the ones below, just ask..
>=20
>  $ /usr/local/libexec/postfix/smtpd
> smtpd: fatal: do not run this command by hand
>=20
>  $ grep sendmail /etc/rc.conf
> sendmail_enable=3D"YES"
>=20
[snip]
>=20
>  $ cat /etc/mail/mailer.conf
> # $FreeBSD: src/etc/mail/mailer.conf,v 1.2 1999/12/29 18:24:06 peter Exp $
> sendmail        /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
> send-mail       /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
> mailq           /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
> newaliases      /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
>=20
These should point to postfix' sendmailwrapper /usr/local/sbin/sendmail.
AFAIR "make replace" in /usr/ports/mail/postfix should do this for you.
Good ol' sendmail probably was started at boot and attached to port 25.
Have a look in /var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages.

Best,
/erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing 		-- 		http://droso.org
fingerprint =3D FB58 9797 299A F18E 2D3E  73D6 AB2F 5A5B 1525 6990

"Show me a web app that can't be served from a Pentium 100
and I'll show you a dead dot-com" -- Kevin Jamieson

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--