Date:      Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:41:20 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   virtualbox-4.0.8: Applications hang in FreeBSD-8.2 amd64 guest

I installed FreeBSD-8 amd64 guest on FreeBSD-8.2 amd64 host from
FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso. No guest additions.
command 'pkg_add -r vim' hangs after every 3-4 dependent packages
installed from internet. Ctrl-C causes it to exit. Rerunning the command
allows it to install few more packages after which it hangs again. Same
with 'pkg_add -r xorg'.

I installed gnome2. But when gdm starts and shows the account selection
screen it hangs too. It shows the busy cursor screen. But sending
shutdown signal (while trying to close the window) shuts system down. So
this is only the process-level freeze, not the guest OS freeze.

This behavior looks is quite strange to me.

Yuri