Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 14:11:34 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        dbaker@baker.err.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing with HP Deskjet

    Daniel> I have a HP Deskjet 560c, and even after reading the
    Daniel> handbooks, FAQs, and getting ghostscript running, I still
    Daniel> cna't print correctly.

Send me your /etc/printcap and copies of any scripts to which it
refers, and I'll help.

    Daniel> Whenever I print by typing lpr filename, or doing a cat
    Daniel> foobar.ps > /dev/lpt0, I just get three lines like this:

    Daniel> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
    Daniel>               %%Creator: groff version 1.09
    Daniel>                                            %%CreationDate: Thu Sep

Well, cat'ing a PostScript file to a non-PostScript printer definitely
won't work.  Let's just work on getting Ghostscript working with LPD
instead.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

I wrote a song, but I can't read music so I don't know what it is.
Every once in a while I'll be listening to the radio and I say, "I
think I might have written that."  -- Steven Wright