Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:03:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@neutron.neutron.org
Subject:   Re: max coolness laptop?

>You might have a problem installing from CD-ROM.  My ATAPI
>CD-ROM seems to take a little longer waiting for the command
>phase, and a one line fix to the kernel source fixed this
>problem.  I think Soren was going to commit this change but
>it was only found a couple of weeks ago, so it won't be available
>in any installation disks you have.

Another thing he could do is get a recent -SNAP from releng22.freebsd.org
and install with that, if the support has made it in.  (There's also
-current there I think, that would work too.)  Of course, I was assuming
one would install over the internet...hrmph.  BUT with one of these
floppies I'd expect you could install from the 2.2.5 CD as well, so maybe
it's not such a bad idea after all.

>I've really got to thank Nate and the Nomads (sounds like a
>bad rock-group from the 60's) for notebook suppor.  Good
>work guys!

Nate plays a mean "Hotel California"....  :-)

Good luck and godspeed,

Brian