Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:57:44 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        evablunted@earthling.net (Langa Kentane)
Cc:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD)
Subject:   Re: MRTG installation [newbie]

Langa wrote:
> Hi all.   I installed MRTG using pkg_add yesterday and now have the problem
> of not knowing where the hell it installed the files that they talk about in
> the installation instructions.  Can anybody pleae tell me where it puts the
> file like the config file and the html files and the scripts.

Information on what ports you have installed is contained in the /var/db/pkg
subdirectory. For each port, there are the following three files (at least):

   +COMMENT		(nice commentary)
   +DESC		(more commentary)
   +CONTENTS		(a listing of files in the port)

Each port has its own subdirectory contained these files.

So if you look at the +CONTENTS file, it will tell you what files have been
installed by the port, and where they are located.

Mike Kennett
(mike@laurasia.com.au)