Date:      23 Apr 1996 04:55:37 -0500
From:      "Richard Wackerbarth" <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "stable@FreeBSD.org" <stable@FreeBSD.org>, "wes@intele.net" <wes@intele.net>
Subject:   Re: How often does the -stable tree get updated?

> How often does the -stable tree get updated?  I would like to keep up
> to date now that I've taken the plunge, and I'm wondering how often I
> should sup in my crontab.

There are updates applied in a near daily manner. However, so days there are
no changes.

Since you intend to perform these updates on a regular basis, you might
consider using the CTM distribution instead. By subscribing to this
distribution, you will receive an e-mail update each day that there are any
changes. This reduces the load on the demand servers and allows you to stay
up-to-date without worrying whether or not there was an update any given day.