Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:06:12 +0100
From:      Ian Diddams <didds@freenet.uk.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   restore permissions

Running amanda for my backups, I noticed today when using amrecover
(which from what I can tell basically uses restore -i) to recover some
files (having previously moved the old directory hierarchy aside by
renaming it) that the directories in the recovered hierarchy are all
owned by root with permissions 700, but actual files within the
recovered hierarchy appear fine ie correct owner and permission.

I've asked this on the amamnda group/list as well, but thought I;'d post
here in case anybody has any brainwaces...

so...  why should restore -i restore directories with the incorrect
ownerships and permissions?

--
Didds