Date:      Fri, 20 May 2005 23:37:37 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Eric Sheesley <esheesle@bcpl.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade breaks Apache13-modssl

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 12:47:41AM -0400, Eric Sheesley wrote:
> I am running Freebsd 5.3 and just did a portupgrade(upgraded php, amavis,
> clamav, and cyrus-sasl.  When I rebooted apache refused to start.  I can =
get
> apache started with no ssl but not with it.  I have apache13-modssl
> installed.  It wasn't modified during the upgrade though.  So it would se=
em
> taht teh ssl mod is crashing.  Any ideas?  Anyone else experience this?

You need to

* make sure you also update the ports that depend on those you
updated, e.g. by using portupgrade -a, -r, etc.
=20
* provide more details in your support requests.  "It is crashing",
etc is not helpful.  Show exact commands you are running and exact
output, and exact errors, if any.

Thanks,
Kris

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc