Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:45:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Minnesota Slinky <mnslinky@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Continued 4.9-5.x upgrade problems.

Ok all,

I've been working on this 4.9-5.x upgrade for over a
week now, and I'm at my wit's end.  I've been doing
the make -NOLIBPTHREAD=true buildworld, etc.
Everything works great until I do the make
NOLIBPTHREAD=true installworld.  It ends with the
error that my kernel is not fresh enough and I get a
core dump.  I've tried a few different things, as
listed below.

I tried everything suggested by Mr. Stewart by doing
the following sequence of events:
            1) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true buildworld
            2) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true buildkernel
            3) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true installkernel
            4) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true installworld

I get an error on the installworld about my kernel not
being fresh enough.  So, I try the following:
            1) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true buildworld
            2) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true buildkernel
            3) make NOLIBPTHREAD=true installkernel
            4) reboot system, attempt to load
/boot/kernel, failure

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Would it
just be easier to do a binary upgrade via sysinstall?
Is there a howto somewhere?  Once I complete this,
would it help if I write one?

TIA, I won't have any hair left, soon, and I'm only in
my early 20's.

Also, does anyone know why my emails continue to be
rejected from my laptop with the following error:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at radicalv.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to
the following addresses. This is a permanent error;
I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>:
216.136.204.125 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 Error: Message content rejected

Thanks, again, in advance.

Eric F Crist
President
AdTech Integrated Systems, Inc