Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 20:48:01 -0500
From:      Joseph <mystical@houston.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xauth automatically adds my dns server name

Whenever i issue 'startx', the following messages appear:

                                                      /- remove command
xauth: bad display name "__insertDNSserverhere__"in -{ - list command
                                                      \- add command

I've read up on xauth contents, and i've issued the 'xauth list' command. My DNS server appeared to be listed here, and so, i used "xauth remove ****" But upon loading startx again, i was given the same error prompt. Now, my Xwindows works perfectly, and so this isn't a life-death situation, but it'd be
good if it wouldn't appear.

Thanx in advance people :o)