Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:23:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        recorde@kirtland.cc.mi.us (Patricia Earlene Record)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: os

> I was wondering. I am a single mother of three trying to find a new
> operating system for my laptop to free up my computer for my children.

I am not sure hor FreeBSD relates to that, but...

> However, i am unable to purchase operating software because it is just
> to expensive and i cant afford to. I was reading your web site and was
> wondering if you had a free version of this on 3.5 floppy disks. My
> laptop only has floppy. if you could help please let me know. Thanks

Go to the FreeBSD web site   http://www.freebsd.org/
Read lots of stuff and learn as much as you can.
Most of the way down the first page of theweb site there is
a paragraph headed with "Easy to install" at the bottom of that
paragraph is a link saying you need 2 floppies and  "these instructions."
Click on it and then read pretty much everything in each of the
indexed items on that page.   Amongst the documentation you will
find addresses where you can download boot images and make your
own install floppies for free (except the cost of the two floppies).

////jerry