Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2019 19:01:21 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   Re: Audio mixer settings for recording with a microphone

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:45:18 +0100, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> Something has changed in audio system and I have to set mixer1 values in
> order for my mic to work, have you tried that? :-)

I don't have a "mic" in mixer1, but "rec", and I set that
to 100 as well; I cannot change the recording source for
mixer1, so it keeps being "monitor" (as it's the only
device listed as a recording device).

This is the current setting for all mixers present on the
system (relevant ones marked with an arrow).

% mixer -f /dev/mixer0
Mixer vol      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer line     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100	<---
Mixer cd       is currently set to   0:0
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer igain    is currently set to 100:100	<---
Mixer monitor  is currently set to 100:100	<---
Recording source: mic				<---

% mixer -f /dev/mixer1
Mixer rec      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer monitor  is currently set to 100:100
Recording source: monitor

% mixer -f /dev/mixer2
Mixer vol      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer pcm      is currently set to   0:0

It's sad to see that several things stop working during the
course of advancement of FreeBSD, things that worked reliably
for decades... :-/

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany