Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:27:15 -0400
From:      "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Plugin? (Re: Complaining at Warner Brothers? )

   Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 12:47:34 -0700
   From: Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>

   Does anyone out there know or have the source for a netscape plugin?

Incidentally, don't think that you're going to get plugin functionality
in E-scape.  The unavalibility of source for plugins makes me uninterested
in supporting them.  However, I'll be happy to merge Shockwave and
RealAudio into the main E-scape sources if you can give me the source
and there are clearly no potential copyright or patent problems.

(IMHO, plugins allow you to do some of the things you could do if
you actually had the source, in a way that requires more work for everyone.)

Are there more than a half dozen plugins out there which
are truely useful?  Is there anything other than Shockwave
and RealAudio that are really useful?