Date:      Fri, 26 May 1995 22:56:49 +0159 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        ozhas-c@acsu.buffalo.edu (Cihat Ozhasoglu)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster 16

> I have recently installed FreeBSD Snapshot 950412 on my pc.  According to FAQ's
> soundblaster 16 is not yet supported, however they also point out that
> soundblaster and soundblaster pro are.  I was wondering if I could use either
> one of these drivers for limited support on my soundblaster 16 card. Also, could
> you email me and/or point me to some documentation where I can obtain info. on
> installing and configering my sound card.

Seems like the FAQ's are a litle behind reality :-).
The Soundblaster 16 is a supported device.
You need to add to your kernel the followig lines:

controller	snd0

device sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0	at isa? drq 6
device sbmidi0	at isa? port 0x300
device opl0	at isa? port 0x388

Look at /sys/i386/conf/LINT for comments. Also match the above values
with the values your card is set. The lines above are not the default :-).
I have changed some of the defaults my Soundblaster 16 MultiCD was set
to avoid problems with my Adaptec SCSI and my ISDN card's.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.10  Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe