Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 18:05:17 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        wollman@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Well, I guess it's about time I mentioned this little problem...

Sorry for forgetting to answer the most important Q:

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:
>Any ideas on what I should try here to further debug this oddness?

tcpdump on the network on the other end of G's ISDN line (I assume this
is the hub/freefall/ampere net) and see if you see the packets from
rocky, and if you see ICMP errors from G2 (which I assume is hub), and
if your router to the outside world (which I assume is
gate-free.cdrom.com) is configured to drop them (bad idea).

I assume the PMTU to G2 is at least 1500 and the ISDN link has the
narrowest MTU on the path?

  Bill

(Note that when talking about network problems, it's usually best to
give real names instead of A and G so that other people can do
debugging without having to guess what machines you're talking about)