Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 22:58:01 +0100
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@iol.it>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrading 3.5 -> 3.5.1

Hello!

One on my FreeBSD boxes is an "old" :) 3.5-STABLE, made about 9 months ago.

Now I'ld upgrade it to the latest 3.5.1-STABLE, so I CVSupped it few days ago.
(I upgraded also the ports collection)

Unfortunately, I forgot what was the correct procedure to build/install world & kernel on 3.5 series! :((
During last months I only upgraded 4.x boxes, so, also if this is a very silly question, could someone, please remember me if the following procedure is correct for 3.5 too ?

cd /usr/src
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNEL=<mykernelfile>
make installkernel KERNEL=<mykernelfile>
shutdown now  (instead of boot -s)
make installworld
mergemaster -c -v -s
reboot