Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:43:58 +0200
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shaun.jurrens@skoleetaten.oslo.no>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ng_fec and vlans

--oN4OvwWIcd1E23D1

Good day all,

In my infinite striving towards perfection *cough* I've gone through a lot =
of
hoops to get ng_fec working for (at least for the time being) the bge=20
interfaces (not that I understand it really yet).  Now, being limited in=20
the number of interfaces available to me on this project, I'm attempting=20
to attach vlans to the fec interface, with no signs of success, up to=20
this point.

I have two dell 1750's connected to a c3750 switch.  FEC works with ip
addresses attached to the fec0 interfaces (although, single connections seem
to remain on one link or the other, I haven't played with the load-balancing
on the switch yet for the channel group, might be my fault). =20

My questions are:

1) Is is even possible to successfully "attach" vlan devices to netgraph
nodes, specifically the ng_fec node (I can't decipher enough of netgraph to
begin with to make a guess, just a copy monkey here...), i.e. have interface
fec the parent device?

2) Is the correct way on the Cisco side to configure interfaces in the FEC=
=20
group as trunks, _or_ group them as access ports, and make the FEC group a=
=20
trunk?  (I haven't read exhaustively on this, seems to be some descrepency
between CatOS and IOS on this anyway...)

btw, with a few more hints, I could get a manpage up...  I have patches to=
=20
attach it to the world build as well, compiles fine on 4.8-R, fwiw.

--=20
Med vennlig hilsen/Sincerely,

Shaun D. Jurrens
Drift og Sikkerhetskonsulent
IKT-Avdeling
Oslo Skoleetaten

gpg key fingerprint: 007A B6BD 8B1B BAB9 C583  2D19 3A7F 4A3E F83E 84AE

--oN4OvwWIcd1E23D1

--oN4OvwWIcd1E23D1--